Do what comes natural and be passionate about it. Perfect is what makes you happy, not what others see as perfect!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dare To Be Yourself And Make Everything Reflect Your Own Style

It was when I took a cake decorating class that I had my "ah ha" moment of truth.  The instructor for the class kept saying, "to make the perfect Daffodil, Pansy, Daisy and Primrose, you must follow these rules." So I quickly wrote down the  rules and followed the technique.  Then the instructor said that it was also important to make sure that you selected the proper colors for the flowers.  The other nine students quickly bolted for the pink food color to make the "perfect" Primrose.  My rebel spirit kicked into full gear as I decided to make my Primrose this fun shade of orange. So we had nine identical pink PERFECT Primroses set for inspection by the instructor and one very different, very orange KANDI Primrose. The instructor advised the class that my color was off because I had used too much yellow.  Then the same thing happened when we made Pansies, Apple Blossoms and Daisies.  My flowers were deliberately not the same as the other students. I decided that God is in charge of his flower's perfect shapes and colors and I could die trying to match his designs or worse give up trying!  He gave me the talent to create my own designs and colors so I could enjoy making stuff.  When people ask what kind of flowers I make, I tell them, "they are Kandi flowers."  So stop worrying about trying to create what others see as perfect and create what makes YOU happy.  Ask God to help you with the courage to be bold and confident. He will be delighted that you asked and you will be amazed at what you can do!

1 comment:

  1. Always loved the "Kandi Flowers" way of thinking! It is the path of masters. Follow your heart...march to your own beat...and everything else will fall into place!

    ReplyDelete