Do what comes natural and be passionate about it. Perfect is what makes you happy, not what others see as perfect!

Friday, December 3, 2010

Drought Resistant

Seems like a life time ago that I was gleefully posting stories on my new blogg.  Stories about being creative and having fun with your friends, your passions, etc.  At the end of Spring it was almost as if I had become like a perennial dying back until it was my season to bloom again. In August, I learned that it was more like a severe drought in the form of ovarian cancer.
While my friends and family were worried beyond belief, scriptures flowed into my head and visions of Jesus being right next to me were clear to me like never before.  I had a sense of peace that surprised everyone.  God offered peace and I CHOSE it instead of self-pity.
My precious friends were immediately at my bedside. Everyone made sure that I was on their church group's prayer list and I knew that they prayed for me constantly. My family and my dear Ed's family re-united to fight the battle.  How could anyone have bitterness in their heart when God had already provided such an amazing gift -  people filled with so much love for me.  God sent the prayer warriors and I CHOSE the joy instead of the bitterness that comes when your life is threatened to be over very soon.

God had me prepared down to the scenery outside my bedroom window. Back in the Spring I built this garden and actually thought about how beautiful it would be to look at if I was stuck in bed for a long time.  
In Isaiah 65:24, God tells us that He answers prayer before we even call out, before we have the need.  I know this to be true.  He made sure I had memorized the perfect scriptures from 2 Corinthians, Daniel, Philippians, Jeremiah, Psalms and Isaiah.  He had surrounded me with the people who I would need most in my life to pray with, laugh with and be courageous.  Then he sent me a visual presentation that I actually used to explain what I feel like when I am in His presence. (see my blogg from April).
I read that despair and thanksgiving are mutually exclusive.  And when contemplating your odds of survival, to remember that man is very unreliable, but God is 100%.  So I am very thankful for my heart full of joy and my mind where peace is guarded every day by a God who answered my prayers before I knew I had the need to be drought resistant!





3 comments:

  1. Amazing, thank you for sharing your heart.
    I'm still praying for you and hope to see you again soon.
    Love,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Kandi. ou have given me a sense of peace today. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful profile Kandi! It warms my heart to see you so very confident, and to see you giving it your all! Stay strong, and stay focused, if anyone can do it YOU CAN! <3 -Mike

    ReplyDelete