Do what comes natural and be passionate about it. Perfect is what makes you happy, not what others see as perfect!

Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Purpose Driven Life

Last year I attended a program at my church that helped me understand my God given gifts and passions so that I could realize how to apply my talents. It was not really a surprise to me, but it was nice to have confirmation.  Having a better understanding of who you are, what makes you tick and what God specifically placed you on earth to do is a powerful proposition.  Actually doing something with the information is the true secret to personal fulfillment.

Which brings me to the whole cupcake thing.  I have a passion for pleasing others and I have convinced myself that people who receive my cupcakes are pleased.  Actually, very pleased that something extra special has been done for them.  There is only one rule in this game and that is if you are going to put yourself out there, you have to be prepared for the response or lack thereof. I struggle with this because I want to know when someone is pleased and I expect this kind of effort should generate above average appreciation.  But if you want to create what makes you "happy" and not what others see as "perfect" you have to give up the idea that everyone will think what you create is wonderful.   The pleasure must come from knowing that you gave something from your heart.  If you are the sensitive type, I suggest that you choose your recipients very carefully.  So give up the expectations and you can just enjoy the experience of giving cupcakes or anything else.

1 comment: