Do what comes natural and be passionate about it. Perfect is what makes you happy, not what others see as perfect!

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Taking Care of My Soul Mates' Passions

There are many things that are great about growing up and not just growing old.  At the top of the list is realizing and nurturing the people in my life who bring me the most joy.  You know the kinda people I am talking about -  the ones who encourage you, support you and really take the time to appreciate everything about you.   I have been sorting these people out over the last 10 years and while I have lots of special people I call friends, there is a very short list of soul mates.

What a joy it is to plan a gift for a soul mate!  I love every second of the time I spend thinking about what they love and what I can do to show them I love their spirit, their passion and most of all their dedication to our friendship.   My beloved Julie's birthday is not until next month, yet I have been working on her gift since January!  Because I know that Julie loves to send people amazing cards I wanted to put together a selection of cards that she would love.  The idea was to find cards, postage stamps and some fun stuff she could use to present her special love for her friends - her passion.   And how lucky I was to stumble on not only the perfect cards, but cards that reflect her sense of style, taste and PASSION for shoes.  I purchased a beautiful collection of the cards from this cute little store.  The cards were created by Barbara Music Shoes. Next step is to buy postage stamps and some cute confetti to complete the package.  Julie also needed a little something "Kandi" so I made a sassy little box for the cards.  The box is the color of her home office - I know because I decorated her apartment - but that is another fun story that I will get to when I move to decorating!  April can not get her fast enough when she will be in Florida and I can present her this gift! What a blessing it is to have her in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kandi,

    WELL here is the blog about our friendship and your amazing plans for the perfect thoughtful birthday present!!!!! I am so overwhelmed at your generousity with your time and special planning to make my birthday a lovely occasion. Thank you so much for the beautiful cards, stamps, box...you amaze me. I am so lucky to have you as my friend and so are all of the other special people in your life!!!

    ReplyDelete